The Emma Mattress is designed to give you the best sleep experience possible. It’s infused with green tea extract and castor seed oil, which allow you to enjoy the benefits of natural ingredients while sleeping on a comfortable bed.
If you do have problems sleeping at night, it’s time for an upgrade. This unique hybrid mattress has 100% natural castor bean oil in its middle memory foam layer, blended with other oils that let air pass through more efficiently than traditional foams.
The result is a cooler surface that gives you long-lasting support all night long without overheating.
Top Features of the Emma Hybrid mattress
- 100% natural castor bean oil in the memory foam layer
- Cooler sleeping surface than traditional foams
- 25-year limited warranty, 10-year non-prorated warranty on the materials and artistry
- Affordable value compared to comparable mattresses
- Free shipping for all customers with white glove delivery available at extra cost
- The Emma Mattress is an excellent choice for people who want a mattress with a natural feel.
- It’s made from 100% castor bean oil, allowing air to flow more freely through the memory foam layer. This helps keep you cooler while you sleep and gives you better airflow in your bedroom.
- In addition, it uses green tea extract in its cover that gives it an all-natural scent.
- The Emma Mattress can help improve your sleep quality because of its high-density foams and layers of comfort materials.
- It provides reliable support for all sleeping positions so you can wake up rested and refreshed every day. This makes it easier to get out of bed without tension or stiffness when you need to start your day on the go!
- It’s great for couples because they can each get a comfortable night of sleep without their partner disturbing them. It enables you to adjust the foam on your side so you don’t have to toss and turn all night or wake up when they move around.
- The fact that it comes with a 25-year and 10-year non-prorated warranty on the materials and artistry shows how much the manufacturers believe in this product. You can also enjoy free shipping with white glove delivery available at an extra cost.
- The Emma Mattress is more expensive than most traditional mattresses, which means it may be out of reach for some people right now. However, it performs better than other memory foam mattress brands, making it worth the extra money for regular sleepers.
- This mattress doesn’t provide good support for stomach sleepers, which is considered one of the least comfortable sleeping positions. You can flip it over if you’re a stomach sleeper, so you don’t experience neck and back pain every morning.
- People who weigh more than 230 pounds may not get enough support from this mattress. It’s designed to handle people up to 300 pounds, but heavier people need firmer memory foam mattresses to avoid getting stuck between the layers.
The Emma mattress is cheaper than other memory foam mattresses with the same features and construction materials.
You’re getting a high-quality product from a company that cares about its customers for less money.
The price is also competitive when compared to traditional mattresses with similar materials. The mattress is available in all standard sizes, including twin, full, queen, king, and California.
- Emma Mattress, Queen: £599
- Emma Mattress, King: £699
Types of mattresses
Memory foam is a soft material that contours to your body and gradually returns to its original shape. This mattress has a memory foam layer for more comfort and support than other mattresses can provide.
Latex is a natural material that provides excellent bounce and ventilation to your mattress. This mattress has just the right amount of latex for an optimal feel that you’ll love every night.
Pocket sprung mattresses:
A traditional pocket sprung mattress has springs inside it to provide more support than other mattress types.
The Emma Mattress has pocket springs in its core for proper spinal alignment, so you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle your day.
Open-cell memory foam:
This type of foam reacts quickly to pressure, making it great for people who move around a lot while sleeping.
This mattress contains open cell memory foam that delivers the right amount of comfort without trapping too much heat.
A hybrid mattress is different than other types because it uses two or more materials to create the best sleep experience possible.
This mattress is made of latex, memory foam, and pocket springs for optimal comfort in every sleeping position.
A waterbed provides a gentle sleep experience that feels different than any other mattress.
You can put this mattress on top of your waterbed frame to improve its feel and pump up the volume for better support
An airbed provides the firmest support out of all mattress types. The Emma Hybrid Mattress doesn’t contain an airbed, but you can get one separately for a bed that’s more comfortable than any other type
Emma Hybrid Mattress Construction
The Emma Hybrid Mattress uses 100% natural castor oil in its memory foam layer. This keeps you cooler by allowing heat to dissipate through the space between the memory foam and the cover, which is made of green tea extract.
The mattress contains high-density foams for a supportive feel and extra layers of comfort materials.
- 100% natural castor bean oil blended with other oils
- Emma Hybrid mattress cover: Green tea extract in the cover eliminates odors while promoting a natural scent
- High-quality support foams from top to bottom
- Cozy quilted layers provide extra softness and comfort
How It’s Made?
The Emma Hybrid Mattress uses a three-layer design to give you the support and comfort you need. It also makes the mattress more durable so it can stand up to daily use and regular maintenance.
The top layer is castor oil, which allows heat to dissipate into the environment while giving it a natural scent. Green tea extract in the cover helps eliminate odors and promotes a natural scent throughout your bedroom.
- A 4″ pocketed coil support core works with high-density foams across the bottom for reliable support and durability
- Two layers of quilted memory foam provide deep compression support and softness
- 100% cotton knit fabric on the edges of this cover protects against spills and keeps it from shifting off the mattress
How Thick Is the Emma Hybrid Mattress?
This mattress is 12 inches thick overall, with 4 inches of support foam on the bottom and 8 inches of memory foam.
The castor oil in the top layer provides up to 30% more cooling than traditional foam, keeping you comfortable during the night.
Who Is This Mattress Best For?
The Emma Hybrid Mattress is ideal for people who want a comfortable night’s sleep without waking up several times throughout the night because their partner moved around or snored loudly next to them.
It also works well for couples who appreciate each other’s company but still need their own space now and then!
- Allergies: Because this mattress uses green tea extract on its cover, there are no odors that can cause allergic reactions for people who have trouble breathing or have asthma. This is one of the only memory foam mattresses that use no foundation materials to prevent these problems.
- Heavy sleepers: The coil support core and layers of high-density foam provide a sturdy base for you to rest on at night. This prevents you from sinking into the mattress if you’re a heavy person, making it easier for you to get up in the morning.
- Side sleepers: People who like sleeping on their side appreciate how easy it is to change positions without disturbing their partner’s sleep. A plush cover gives your shoulders and hips the softness they need for relief while still giving you enough support to keep your spine in alignment.
- Couples: The Emma Hybrid Mattress works well for people who don’t mind sharing their bed but still value some private space. The firm support on the bottom keeps your partner from moving around at night, giving you a quiet environment to sleep in.
Emma Hybrid Mattress Firmness/ Feel
The Emma Hybrid Mattress has a medium firmness that’s great for people who want their mattress to be supportive but still have some give when they lay down.
The quilted foam layers on top give your body the softness it needs for pressure relief, while the 4 inches of high-density support foam underneath offer ideal stability.
- About 6/10, where 10 is the most firm – Middle ground between plush and firm
Emma Hybrid Mattress Motion Transfer
If you share your bed with a snorer or someone who moves around at night, the motion transfer can become an issue if you’re not careful with your choice of mattresses.
That’s why we recommend this, Emma, if you sleep with someone whose sleep habits affect yours.
- Minimal motion transfer – If one person moves around, there will be little movement disturbance for the other person sleeping next to them.
Emma Hybrid Mattress Edge Support
Because it’s 12 inches thick overall, you won’t have any trouble with this mattress sagging under your weight. This also makes it easier to get in and out of bed without disturbing your partner!
- Promotes edge support – The edges are stable enough for people who sleep near the edge of their mattress but not too high where they become uncomfortable.
- The Emma Hybrid Sleep System is an all-inclusive product that works well whether you’re planning to keep it at home or take it with you when you go traveling.
- The storage box underneath the mattress gives you a place to keep your pillows, sheets, and comforters organized so they don’t clutter up your room when you’re not using them.
- The organic cotton cover is waterproof, so it’ll protect your mattress from accidents that might happen near the bed or on top of it. It has a 230 thread count that’s soft to the touch but made with durable materials that won’t tear easily.
You spend nearly 1/3 of your life sleeping, so why not treat yourself to something nice?
Aesthetics and Design
With its quilted cover and low profile, the Emma Hybrid Mattress fits well with most standard bed frames. The metal coil support core gives it a modern look that matches well with any piece of furniture you have in your bedroom.
- Six color options – Comes in various shades of blue, white, grey, cream, tan, and brown to match your home decor.
- Modern yet classic design – Low profile looks good on most bedframes, while the metal coil support core gives it an aesthetic touch.
- No off-gassing smell – The organic cotton cover has no chemical odors that might bother people sensitive to fragrances or other scents.
Emma Trial and Warranty
The Emma Hybrid Mattress works well for most customers, but there might be some cases where it’s not the right fit, like with any product you buy. For that reason, they offer a 100-night sleep trial where you can get a full refund if you’re unsatisfied.
The warranty only covers manufacturing defects, so never use your mattress for purposes it wasn’t intended for (i.e., jumping on the bed, using it as a trampoline, etc.).
If within 100 nights of sleep you decide this mattress isn’t the right fit, return it and get all your money back (minus shipping). 10-year warranty – This is one of the longest warranties in the industry; it makes buyers feel secure about their purchase.
Because this is an online product, Emma only offers two payment options when you order: MasterCard and Visa. If your budget allows it, we recommend using a credit card to take advantage of the 0% APR offer.
That’ll save you money in the long run because you don’t have to pay interest on your purchase. Not available through PayPal might be inconvenient to customers who prefer not to use their credit card or bank account for purchases.
Emma Mattress Customer Reviews
While there are not many reviews on Amazon yet, the few customer testimonials we saw were very positive. Amazon’s UK branch owner even named it one of “The Best New Mattresses” for this year!
- 4 out of 5-star rating – Most customers are happy with their purchase and recommend this mattress to anyone who needs something soft but supportive
- Suitable for all sleeping positions – Provides support while comfortable enough for the back, stomach, and side sleepers.
Emma Hybrid Mattress Awards and Recognition
- “The Best New Mattresses” by Amazon’s UK branch (2016)
- Winner of 2016 Good Design Award, Japan (awarded to products with excellent design and functionality)
Emma mattress certifications
- Oeko-Tex certified is widely considered the gold standard in textile testing; it certifies Emma has no harmful chemicals or other materials that might irritate sleepers.
- CertiPUR-US certified – Uses only eco-friendly, nontoxic foams in their mattresses.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified – Ensures products are free of lead, mercury, ozone depleters, formaldehyde, PBDE flame retardants, heavy metals
Emma Original Mattress
The Emma Original mattress is a good option for those looking to support their back during sleep. It provides a high level of relief and a nice balance between firmness and softness so that you won’t feel stuck in the mattress.
Emma Luxe Mattress
The Emma Luxe is a good choice for those who sleep hot and need something cool enough to handle night sweats. The open-cell design and aerated latex foam ensure airflow and breathability so that you won’t wake up sweaty.
Emma mattress accessories
- Mattress Protectors – Adds an extra layer of comfort and protection
- Foundation/boxspring – Raises your bed off the ground if you don’t have a platform to place it on. Good for households with young children who might accidentally bump into the mattress. It also reduces wear and tears over time, prolonging the life of your Emma mattress
- Pillows – There are a few different kinds to choose from, including Memory Foam Pillow, Contour Pillow, and Sleep Mask
- Duvet Covers and Comforters – The duvet cover prevents the mattress from getting dirty, while the comforter serves as an extra layer of comfort during colder months
- Mattress Toppers- Adds an extra layer of comfort and softness to the mattress, which some sleepers prefer
- Sheets Sets – There are plenty of sets to choose from; they come in twin size (39 “x75”), twin XL (38 “x 83″), full (54″ x 75″), queen (60″ x 80”), king (78 “x 80”) and California king(72 “x 84”). The sheets are made of 100% organic cotton sateen percale for the sheet set and cotton for the duvet cover
- Pillowcases – There are two sizes available; standard (20″ x 30″) and king size (20 “x 36”). They’re made of 100% organic cotton percale
Types of Bed frames
- Box spring/foundation – Raises your mattress off the ground, is suitable for households with young kids, and reducing wear and tear over time.
- Box frame – Attaches directly to the mattress, can be used with or without a box spring; easy to assemble. Some sleepers find it provides better support than a platform due to its rigidness.
- Platform bed frame – A solid base for placing your bed on top of. Great if you don’t want to lift the mattress every time you need to change sheets
- Slat bed frame – The slats run horizontally, allowing airflow throughout the mattress. Most of them are adjustable to set your desired level of firmness, but they are also more susceptible to sagging over time.
What do you do with your old mattress?
While you can’t recycle your old mattress, some places will pick it up if you don’t have the time or the means to transport it.
Used mattresses are usually donated to charity organizations.
Tips on caring for your Emma mattress
A proper bed frame is recommended for most sleepers, but it can be beneficial for higher-weight sleepers. If you do use a box spring/foundation, place the bed on more than four legs, and this will distribute the weight evenly across the entire area of your mattress and prevent sagging or other damage.
- If possible, rotate your mattress once every six months to reduce wear and tear over time.
- Protect your new Emma mattress with a waterproof protector
- Regularly clean any spills immediately to prevent staining
- Give yourself enough time in between receiving your new mattress and purchasing sheets so they aren’t stained by dust or chemicals that might come out of the box during transport
- Machine washable accessories are available for purchase, including sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, and comforters. Wash them in cold water for the first few washes to prevent colors from running
- The most efficient way to clean your mattress is by wiping it down with a damp cloth 3-4 times a year, but you can also use an all-purpose cleaner six times per year
Where to buy it?
Emma’s website offers the entire mattress, mattress topper, pillows, duvet covers, and comforters for purchase. The same products are also available on Amazon.
Emma Original/Hybrid Mattress – Which Is Better?
The main differences between Emma Original and Hybrid mattresses are:
1) the type of foam used
2) the thickness
3) the support system.
Both models come with a mattress cover made from 100% organic cotton that is machine washable. The topper is made from lyocell (a type of viscose derived from wood pulp). Instead of latex, it uses a foam called Avena innerspring for contouring.
- The Original Mattress comes with a foam pillow, while the Hybrid Mattress has a KingSize Memory Foam Contour Pillow instead. Neither have sheets or duvet covers included, but they’re available for purchase on Amazon.
- The original mattress is 25 ” thick, while the Hybrid is a little thicker at 27 ” to provide more support. Both mattresses have a density of 1.8 lbs/ft.
- The Original Mattress has three layers, while the Hybrid Mattress has five layers, but they both use different types of foam throughout the mattress.
- The top layer on both models is Avena innerspring, followed by foam and latex for pressure relief. The bottom layer on the original model is high-density base foam, while the hybrid mattress features pocket coils for better responsiveness.
- Both Emma Mattresses are designed to contour to your body shape without sagging over time. They both come with a 100-night risk-free trial period that includes free delivery and returns within 60 days if you’re not satisfied.
How does it compare to other Emma mattress brands?
An Emma mattress is an excellent option for a wide variety of sleepers because it provides a comfortable and supportive night’s sleep.
Emma vs. Casper
While both mattresses have multiple layers that provide pressure relief, Casper’s most notable feature is its quilted cover. The Emma Original has two layers of memory foam, while Casper has only one layer.
The Casper Mattress is slightly more expensive than the Emma Original, but it does have great reviews. You can also purchase a 10-year warranty on the Casper if you’re looking for extra protection. However, they both come with free shipping and returns in addition to their 100 night trial periods.
Emma vs. Leesa
Both mattresses are designed to provide pressure relief without causing heat retention or sleeping too hot. The Leesa is two inches thicker, has a white casing instead of grey, and provides better edge support. It’s an option if you tend to sleep right at the edge of your bed, but it costs more than Emma mattresses.
Emma vs. Nectar
The Nectar offers better edge support because it has a little more thickness, but the Emma Original also contours to your body shape.
The Nectar is 4-5 inches thicker and comes with a white fabric covering instead of grey. The Emma Hybrid mattress uses pocket coils for responsiveness instead of foam, making it an option if you sleep hot or need extra back support.
Emma vs. Eve Premium Hybrid
Both models are designed to give you a better night’s sleep with contouring memory foam and pressure relief. Still, the Eve Premium Hybrid is slightly thicker ( 7 inches vs. 5 inches ) and uses pocket coils instead of Avena innerspring for better responsiveness.
The Eve mattress comes with a white fabric covering instead of grey, which some people might prefer. They both offer free shipping and returns within 100 days if you need to return your order, so it comes down to personal preference.
Emma vs. John Lewis Sleep Symphony Latex Hybrid
Both Emma and Sleep Symphony latex hybrids use Avena innerspring and the same types of foam for contouring, pressure relief, and airflow. However, they vary in firmness (Emma mattresses are slightly more firm while Sleep Symphony mattresses are slightly plusher)
John Lewis also provides a significantly longer 20-year warranty (compared to 100 days) and white fabric instead of grey. It is almost three times the cost of an Emma Original, so it might not be worth the extra expense if you’re looking for something long-lasting or need additional support.
Can Emma customize my Emma Hybrid mattress?
Yes, Emma’s website provides various options for customizing your mattress based on your sleeping style and support needs.
You can choose from 4 different firmness levels, two topper thicknesses, ten fabric colors – including white, grey, beige and black.
The Hybrid Mattress is the only one you can also change the size of if you need a twin or California king. You can also switch out the cover on all their mattresses with a wider selection of organic cotton fabrics.
Does Emma use harmful chemicals?
Emma uses CertiPur-US foams throughout their mattresses instead of conventional foam because it uses plant-based materials without added flame retardants or chemicals.
Every single Emma mattress is free of PFCs, PBDEs, TDCPP, TCOP, and heavy metals.
It’s also safe for you and your family because its foams are made without ozone depleters or chlorofluorocarbons.
Is it worth the price?
Compared to similar mattresses, Emma’s Original and Hybrid Mattresses are a little more expensive, but it can be well worth it for some sleepers.
They’re comfortable and supportive while still contouring to your body without causing heat retention or sleeping too hot. Plus, they come with a 100 night trial period with free shipping and returns in addition to their risk-free guarantee.
Online purchase pros and cons
- If you purchase a mattress online, it will be delivered to your doorstep
- You have the option of trying it out first in a showroom (with no money down) and returning if you don’t like it.
- Product warranty is included with each purchase
- No salesperson pressuring you to make a decision
Retailer purchase pros and cons
- Many mattress retailers offer same-day delivery and set up, often at no extra cost (based on availability)
- Some retailers offer to finance for those who qualify- Online retailers offer better pricing because showrooms need to maintain a specific image, and their prices are always higher.
- You get to try out your mattress before you buy it, but the mattress is usually already assembled, and this makes it difficult to return if you don’t like it.
Emma Hybrid Mattress is comfortable, supportive, and well suited for back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers of all sizes.
Their 100 risk-free trial period is an excellent opportunity to try out the mattress in your home without any financial commitments. Their prices are slightly higher than other online retailers, but they also provide better customer service for those who need it.
In comparison to their competitors, Emma’s Hybrid Mattress is a good choice if you’re looking for a foam mattress that relieves pressure points and maintains an open airflow throughout the memory foam.