If you think you can do without a sofa bed, but looking for something affordable and environment friendly to replace your bulky sofa with, then go for a single folding chair instead of a sleeper sofa.
The main factor which one should consider before purchasing any furniture is the space available where it will be placed and its utility.
For example, if your sitting room size allows only a small piece of furniture like a chair bed, then it would be the perfect choice as the whole unit can easily fold away by pulling up on its side armrest.
This saves prime space in the room while making it convenient to sit during day time and sleep at night.
Sleeper sofas are the traditional way to accommodate overnight guests.
If you have a lot of house guests and need extra sleep space, then the sofa bed is your best choice.
But if you don’t want to take up much spare room or will not use it very often, then go for the lounge chair bed, which also acts as a comfortable place to sit during the daytime.
Single Sofa Bed Chair Features
- Converts to a full-size bed in seconds.
- Single sized and lightweight
- Uses less space when not in use; can be folded away easily.
- Strong wood frame with hardwood paneling inside and outside ends, which will last longer.
- Compressed foam filling provides firm support while remaining soft on the guest’s body.
What’s good about Single Bed Chair:
1) Comes with a solid wood frame which makes the product durable.
2) It also comes with an under-seat pouch which gives you extra storage space to keep remote controls, magazines, etc.
This is unlike other cheap models where you have to use cushions for storing extra items.
3) The size of this sofa bed is good enough even for tall people because it’s long enough (117 inches) and deep enough (82 inches) so that your legs can rest on armrests, just like old-style single chair beds.
4) Also, its headrest provides good neck support, whereas the backrest is supportive enough not to cause back pain after sitting for a long time watching TV or reading, etc.
5) You don’t need any tools/hardware to assemble this model because all pieces come pre-assembled.
6) If you find its seating parts a bit too firm, then use thick cushions on them to get rid of this issue.
Overall it’s a decent modern design single chair bed which is also very comfortable for sitting purposes.
What’s not so good about a Single Sofa Bed Chair:
1) The warranty provided with the product is only 30 days which in my opinion should be at least one year.
2) On the Amazon website, there are some customer reviews mentioning that the product has become unusable after three months or so.
3) Some customers also claim that it broke into two pieces when they lifted up one side to take the folding mechanism out while putting up this sofa bed in the storage position.
4) Another complaint commonly seen in Amazon reviews is that the product is not exactly the same as seen in pictures because it has a noticeable gap between the back and seating parts which makes it look poorly designed.
Price varies from model to model, but if you can get one with a good number of positive customer reviews with a good overall rating, then you don’t need to worry about its price too much.
Regarding the size, the manufacturers provide standard size options to choose from, but if you want any customization, then contact them for rates.
The price range from £100 to £400.
- Contemporary elegant design.
- Sleek lines.
- Opening hidden by cushions.
Available in different color options like gray, green, light brown, burgundy, etc. The matching ottoman is available to match the armchair bed unit. Fabric or leather types are also customizable through the manufacturers.
The compact size of this furniture easily fits into any room and is very comfortable for guests who frequently visit as it has all important features like a drop-down bed, storage space, convenient seating facility, etc.
It takes minimal care and upkeep to keep it looking new for years to come.
Sofa Chair Bed Price varies according to product dimensions and customization options available with the manufacturer’s company.
- Faux Leather upholstery: Faux leather breathes like real leather, but it is more durable and easy to clean.
- Polycotton: Polycotton gives you the feel and durability of top-grain leather. It can withstand years of everyday use and is easy to clean.
- Linwood: Linwood has very close graining with aniline-dyed coloring, which makes it extremely attractive. This popular, durable fabric is highly sought after by high-end furniture manufacturers. With a good modern look, ease of maintenance, and fine durability qualities, this fabric is great for modern-day homes.
- Fabric: Fabric is a high-grade material that is often used in homes with children and pets. It is economical, easy to maintain, and can be cleaned with just soap and water.
Tips on choosing the right Sofa
1. When buying a sofa, always consider the size of the room where you will keep it.
A large one can leave small spaces in rooms, whereas small ones can cause discomfort to your guests.
2. For budget constraints, buy something that fits well within your range and is either matching with the existing decor or supplements it.
3. If space is not an issue for you, then choose extremely comfortable leathers which are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
4. If space availability is an issue for you, then go for an upholstered sofa bed with a wooden frame because they fold away when not in use.
They are also relatively lighter than leather sofas. Further, they can be easily folded away, saving most of the space of the room.
5. If you care for your home and possess a social responsibility, then leather sofas are not your best option because they emit dangerous toxins into the air when heated up by the human body.
So get an upholstered fabric sofa bed instead.
Single Sofa Bed Chair Product Reviews:
Customers are happy with its quality and finding it more comfortable than their old bulky sofa bed.
Also, they like the hanging option provided by armrests which helps in folding up when not in use.
Another benefit is that back support while the comfortable seating in this chair bed is good enough making it suitable for long term sitting during day time watching TV or reading a book etc.
The only negative point mentioned by some customers was about the lock system where they felt it could be improved further as opening up from folded position sometimes can be challenging by its single locking mechanism. Most of them, however, did not find it to be a deal-breaker.
How to take care of a Single Sofa Bed Chair?
Keeping the product clean is simple, and there are multiple ways to do it.
a) You can use a dry/rough cloth for cleaning purposes which should be enough in most cases.
b) In case of tough stains, you can use a damp cloth with mild soap water or store-bought cleaners.
c) Make sure that no liquid gets into the crevices of the sofa bed or into any electronic parts.
d) Further, protect your furniture from moisture by keeping the floor/carpet around this lounge chair bed dry always.
e) Do not leave wet clothes on it since they could leave a bad odor and damage its material over time even if they seem to have dried up completely.
Single Sofa Bed Chair is a good investment for anyone wanting to get rid of bulky and inconvenient sofa beds without sacrificing the comfort and freshness of their home.
It can be kept open or folded away whenever required using its armrests which makes it easier to move around in a small space.
If you desire style, space-saving, and above all functionality, then this chair bed should definitely fit the bill. We hope this review helps in making your buying decision easy.
If you have any suggestions or feedback, feel free to share them with us through the comments section below. Thank you!