Give up on the idea of having an excellent mattress just because you’re living in small quarters. Nowadays, many great beds are available that fit this size; some come with extra features like built-in storage or under-bed lighting.
This article will help to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about small single sizes.
It is important to note that this information is only intended as a guide and not an official statement on dimensions, sizes, and guidelines. Please read any manufacturer’s guidelines before purchasing new items for your home.
Common Bed Size Guide
1.Small Single: 90cm x 190cm (35.5″ x 75″)
Single bed size is often used to refer to a child’s single bed because it’s typical for young children to share a room with other children, and this smaller sized bed suits their needs.
A single bed can also be referred to as a single mattress, which means the same thing as the dimensions of these two items are very similar and measure 90cm by 190cm long (35.5″ x 75″).
Single mattresses are usually smaller than average types of beds because they are mainly intended for children’s rooms.
2.Small Double: 120cm x 190cm (47″ x 75″)
A small double bed size is an overall mattress size. If you have a partner or spouse, then this could be the right bed for you all.
When purchasing a standard double bed, always make sure that both partners agree with the purchase. Some people prefer their area while others like having another person nearby all night long.
Small double beds are also intended for children who share their rooms with other children and younger siblings so they can fit this type of bed without worrying about space constraints.
3.Double: 140cm x 190cm (55″ x 75″)
This is the bed size that most couples choose when buying a mattress for their bedroom.
They are also perfect for parents who need extra sleeping space when children visit them at night or on weekends. This can make it easier to accommodate visitors and give you peace of mind knowing that your guests are comfortable staying in your home overnight.
4.King: 150cm x 200cm (59″ x 79″)
King Size Bed s are one of the most popular mattress dimensions.
Plenty of pillows and sheets will also fit on this size bed, making it highly comfortable when sharing it with someone else.
This is an excellent option if you like having plenty of space in your bedroom but don’t want to go much more significant than a double mattress.
5.SuperKing: 180cm x 200cm (71″ x 79″)
Super King Size Bed is perfect for people who love to stretch out and move around when sleeping.
This is especially true if you like an extra-long mattress that will accommodate your specific body dimensions.
The Pros and Cons of a Small Single Mattress Size
- Do not take up too much place in the bedroom
- Perfect for younger children who share a room with other family members
- If you prefer less space, this is an ideal size to use
- Low price compared to different types of beds
- It can operate with almost any size bed frame or headboard (unless larger than the mattress itself)
- Accommodates most standard and higher quality mattresses
- May not have enough place for some couples if they prefer a lot of sleeping space.
- Low weight limit due to small dimensions may not be suitable for heavier sleepers, especially those who weigh up to 150kg / 330lbs.
The small single mattress is one of the most basic and standard bed sizes of the bedding.
It is designed for children, younger people, or small spaces. Price in the UK: £200 – £300
Types of beds
- Bunk beds- this type of bed is a good choice if you have children and want to save space in their bedroom.
- Divan beds- a low height, traditional style bed that comes with a mattress and a divan. This type of bed is ideal for those who want to reduce the strain on their back, as it allows you to sit up in bed and read or watch TV without straining yourself too much.
- Ottoman-this bed type is similar to the divan bed, but it is higher, so you can use it as a storage space. For example, there are ottoman beds with drawers underneath them for storing clothes or other items.
How to choose the right small single bed?
- Measure your bedroom to see which bed will fit best. If the room is narrow, consider a bunk or divan bed; if it’s long, choose a double bed frame or king-size bed frame.
- Think about how much storage you want as this type of bed usually lacks drawers or shelves as they can be used for other purposes such as seating. Ottoman beds may have storage underneath them, but many do not.
- Consider what material you want it made from; wood and metal are trendy choices as they are durable and sleek, while fabric and faux suede tend to look comfier and invite.
Location of the Bedroom
The small single bed is excellent for narrow bedrooms or spaces where you don’t want to take up too much space.
It can also be used in the home office for sleeping when required, even if it means sleeping on a futon instead of an actual mattress because it’s still comfortable enough to get some good sleep on.
Size of Bedroom
If you prefer more room when you sleep and like lots of storage options, choose another type of bedframe (such as king size).
This is ideal for people who like to move around when sleeping or want something easily fit into their average-sized bedrooms with minimal disruption.
Another thing to consider is how well supported and safe you want your bed frames to be.
The frame must have a sound support system, so it doesn’t break when you use it regularly, but at the same time, you don’t need anything too heavy because small single beds aren’t made for big people or lots of weight!
- Divan bases are usually suitable if you have back problems or want to rest your legs on something after a long day!
- Sofa Bases- if you want something comfortable but don’t need it for sleeping, go for sofa bases instead of standard divans. These are essentially the same thing, but they’re smaller, so perfect for small rooms, and won’t take up too much place when not in use.
- Ottoman bases are also suitable if you like to sit up in bed and read or watch TV, as they can usually be used as storage space underneath the bed. For example, they may have drawers that come out of them so you can put clothes inside.
How to choose the material of a small single bed: wood, metal, or fabric?
- Metal- this is favored by some people because it looks sleek and modern, ideal for small single beds in contemporary style bedrooms. It’s also a durable material that can tolerate a lot of weight without bending or breaking.
- Wood- wooden divan bases are usually popular choices because they look good with almost any type of decor and have a warm, inviting feel about them. Wooden ottoman beds are great for storing clothes underneath because you can use the storage room as seating! This gives the bedroom a sense of style and makes it feel like an art gallery than just a place to sleep!
- Fabric- this is good for people who want the bedroom to be soft and inviting. The best fabric choices are faux suede or cotton because they look comfy and inviting but also stylish at the same time.
It’s also important to consider what type of mattress you would like with your bed, mainly if you use it every night.
If you prefer lots of padding and softness to sleep well, go for an innerspring mattress (also known as a pocket sprung).
However, if your preference is firmness and support, choose a latex or memory foam mattress instead.
How to clean your small single bed?
It’s important that your bed is kept clean regularly because it’s where you spend a considerable amount of time!
You don’t need to invest in a vast vacuum cleaner either- a handheld one should do the trick just fine!
The easiest way to clean a small bed is by removing everything from the base and wiping it down with an antibacterial spray that will kill germs or bacteria.
It’s not too difficult to give this type of bedframe a thorough clean, and it’s worth doing if you’re looking after your health.
A small single bed is an excellent option for children, smaller rooms, and teenagers. It is also a popular choice with people who may be restricted by space or age.
A full-size mattress might seem just fine when you’re young, but these days there are more options available when it comes to beds.
It’s essential to think about the design and look of your bedroom furniture and the dimensions of your room. If you want a more traditional bedroom style, opt for a sleek-looking divan bed or ottoman with some drawers underneath it. However, if modern is your thing, go for a futon instead!